Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hambo Stamps Octopus


Our Hambo Stamps design team is changing starting today.  I've been working with Hambo rubber stamps for the last two months and now I get to work with their digital images and participate in the Hambo Hoedown each week!  I've loved working with their high quality rubber stamps and I'm looking forward to working with their digital images because that's where my passion for "stamping" is these days.  

Our Hambo Hoedown challenge today is a Tic Tac Toe challenge, I've never done one of these before and found it challenging and fun!  I just scared myself looking at the diagram for the challenge, I thought I messed up...  then I saw it - I went diagonal from the bottom up - Octagon, Button, Twine, whew!

For my Hambo Stamps image I used our challenge image called Octopus and colored it with Copic markers, four to be exact:  B0000, B00, B12, B14.  I used the Octagon and Scalloped Octagon shaped Spellbinders dies, embossed the background using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and added buttons made with a Cheery Lynn Designs button die.  The addition of twine was a little tricky, I paper pierced the Stampin' Up! Apricot Appeal panel then threaded my twine through the holes lacing the pieces together.  I'm not sure what the exact definition of "twine" is either...  I'm cheap, I use crochet thread.  It's easy to change it's color with Copic markers or Copic refills or just leave natural.  

I hope you'll join us for the Hambo Hoedown this week!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrappin' Corner - Anything Goes
Truly, Madly, Crafty - Animals

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Great card! so cute! I like the textured octagon and the blue frame. Like the buttons and stitching you did. Cute sentiment. I like the bright colors too! I like everything about this card!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Great job Jan!!!. That frame is awesome!!!

NanaConnie said...

Really Cute, Jan!! Love that little octopus and the way you used the embossed background to look like bubbles. Wait, I have to put on my Tammy's DT hat and say thanks for playing along in our challenge. :-D

Sincerely, Ree said...

CUTE CARD! I like how you've used the twine.

Deborah Anton said...

Such a cute card! I love that stitching!