Friday, August 24, 2012

Rolodex V524 Jr.


It's Friday and I'm back with another Rolodex V524 Jr. project!

This weeks project isn't a paper crafting project it's another way I use my file system.
I enjoy "making things" and some of those things are everyday things we use around our house like dishwasher soap.


I took a pictures of the recipe and all the ingredients for you in case you'd like to try it out too.


You might be surprised to find that you have almost all the ingredients to make Dishwasher Soap already.  I bought the Citric Acid and Lemon Essential Oil at our local Health Food Store.


It gets a little messy but when I was done I swept the powder up and put it in the mason jar. 
Speaking of mason jars...  I store my dishwasher soap and now what's left of the Borax in them because they seal tight and keep the moisture out.  My Borax was starting to turn into a solid brick from the box being open.


Here's the finished product in a quart sized mason jar.  One tablespoon washes a load of dirty dishes and lasts a couple of months at our house.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today -



2 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Thanks Jan, I will try this and I know I've told you before, but I love the Rolodex idea. Enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

Awesome idea! TFS.