Friday, August 3, 2012

Rolodex V524 Jr. Papertrey Ink Desktop File Die


It's Friday again, time to talk with you and show you how I use my Papertrey Ink Desktop File dies!

I'm a huge fan of Spellbinders dies, the biggest reason is I can see through them and place my stamped or digital image right where I want it, cut and go.  The Papertrey Ink dies are solid and I've found them a little more difficult to use.  I guess I just needed to think outside the box...  you know I love a good challenge!


Before I went too far with these dies I found a piece of acetate (anything clear will do) to cut out to use them as a template.  The die didn't cut all the way through my acetate but that's okay, it's just a template & I trimmed it.  Now I have clear cheat sheets to use.

I wanted a few different file choices that didn't come in the Papertrey Ink Desktop File Inspiration stamp set so I've used my computer to print the labels I needed.


I use my clear templates to line up the tabs over my computer generated labels and mark the bottom and sides with a pencil.


After I've marked my spots I tape them down to the card stock using blue painters tape.


Next they go through "the machine".


With practice I've gotten pretty good at getting them lined up and straight.

Next Friday I'll show you some of what goes behind the file cards I cut today!

Thanks for visiting my blog -


2 comments:

Cassie said...

Great idea to use the acetate, Jan! I've been on the fence about getting them, but you may have pushed me over the edge. I'm looking very forward to seeing how you use your filing system :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a great idea! I wish I had some of these! :)