Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hambo Stamps Wee Henry Karate


I have a fun Hambo Hoedown card to share with you today!  

If you've been playing each week you've received this cute digital stamp set in your e mail to play along in this weeks challenge - which is to use any Hambo Stamps stamp/image and torn paper.

I pictured Wee Henry breaking bricks using his awesome karate skills and knew I had the perfect Sizzix Tim Holtz embossing folder to help me pull that off.  I inked the edges of my torn paper with Copic R59, added a ribbon tag for my sentiment and black organdy ribbon to mimic Henry's black belt and headband.

I used Copic markers to color Wee Henry:

Skin - E000, E00, E11
Clothing - N1, N3, N5, N7
Torn Paper - R59

I hope you'll have time this week to play along in our Hambo Hoedown!

My card is also for our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge - making masculine cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home - Masculine Cards
Craft Your Passion - Emboss It
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Totally Stampalicious - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Unbelievable card. Great, great idea for this image. YAY for you.

Sarah said...

Seriously....get outta the city Jan-- this is fabulous! I adore how you did the brick-- I so have to get this digi-- I have that folder but had no clue how to use it! Love this! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Susan (rainy) said...

Such and adorable image! And I love your brick wall design.. so creative and fun.

Shiles728 said...

As usual I think your coloring is impeccable, but I love the story this card tells. Wonderful!

Cards By MI said...

Love this fun cheerful card that reminds me of my brother when he was doing martial art shows. Fun! Popped by Via MIM.
Love n hugs
Marie

~ginny said...

You chose a great image - really fun! What I like best is that torn and brick embossed background! Now that is a GREAT touch as if he is breaking a brick. Leaving the wide tear open against the Kraft paper is perfect - and I love the black "belt" ribbon! Can you tell I like your card?
I'm so glad you joined the challenge at Craft Your Passion and I hope to see you again next week!
~ginny
CYP Design Team

Michell said...

Super cute!

Paper Panda said...

Cute card, saw this on MIM, I love it!
Mandy x

Cheryl Anderegg A said...

So creative, your phrase is so "outside" the box! You inspire me to keep trying!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love how you textured and tore the background, that adds so much interest!!

Cynthia T said...

Great masculine card! The contrasting colors and torn paper really work ;)

Carolynn said...

Your card made me laugh out loud-- SO FUN!

Cheryl said...

So fun! I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

--Cheryl--

Jen M said...

Seriously, super duper cute. LOVE this!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Love this card! Just makes me smile!

Lisa Minckler said...

Look at that little man go! Awesome imagination and creativity on this card. It's fantastic. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Happy Crafting...
Lisa xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Me again, stalking your blog. :) Just popped in to say that I'm featuring you as my pick of the week for Make It Monday. Congratulations...I love your card and you'll see it tonight when the new linky party opens up.
Lisa :)

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
My entries are: #159, #162, #212 and #214.
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Hugs,
Julia