Thursday, August 23, 2012

Die-namics Chevron Die


Hello crafty friends!

I have a couple of cards to share today using the Die-namics Chevron die.  

I made this first card for the Operation Write Home / Our Daily Bread Masculine card challenge over at the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog.  For every 25 cards submitted for the monthly challenge Our Daily Bread Designs will donate the cost of shipping one large flat rate Priority Mail box to deployed service members, how cool is that?!  At this time the monthly goal is 50 cards per challenge and the goal has been met each month.  Wouldn't it be fun to exceed their expectations and reach 75 this month?
I've included a link in the name of the challenge in case you'd like to play along and see if we can get to 75 cards this month and have just one more box (approx. 300 cards) shipped to our deployed heroes from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The challenge this month is to make a masculine themed card, you can only enter one card per month in this challenge.


I used a fun paper pack I've been hoarding called Hello Spaceboy by Prima Marketing Inc.
At first I thought these would work well for younger boys but after getting into the paper pack maybe I can use the cards for a wider age range that I first thought.  

This Die-namics die is almost addicting to use with patterned papers!  I also used Papertrey Ink's envelope liner die for my cards to dress them up a little and basically use up some of my patterned paper stash.

I hope you enjoyed my cards today and will consider entering a masculine themed card in the challenge over on the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog, just about a week left!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - ODBD Masculine Cards

2 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

These are great Jan! I especially love the theme of the first one :) The chevron looks amazing!

Kaylee Snyder said...

Such cute and simple cards. Great job Jan!