Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hambo Stamps Rattler


I have a card I made for the Hambo Hoedown to share with you today!

When I received this Rattler digital stamp set I cracked up, what's shakin'?  too funny...

I "googled" rattlesnake images so I could try to get my coloring right as I also wanted to enter my card in our Operation Write Home Midweek Color challenge.  I'm not sure an entire page of rattlesnake pictures was the thing to "color by" because it's gotten me thinking about rattle snakes too much! 
I colored this cute Hambo image with Copic markers:

Rattler - E40, E41, E42, E43, W1, W3, W5, W7
Grass - YG01, YG13, YG15, YG67
Outline/Pebbles - BG0000, BG01, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9

I also used Sizzix and Cuttlebug embossing folders for texture, a little glossy accents on the eyes and fangs, the layout is a sketch from Merry Monday flipped on it's side with a little creative license used.  Cardstock colors are Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Via Vellum Leaf Green, Neenah Kraft, The Paper Mill Aqua & Copic X Press It.  

You may have noticed I haven't told you what the Hambo Hoedown challenge or the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge is yet...  I'm leaving it up to you to go check them out :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Color Challenge
Critter Sketch - Use A Digi
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Use Your Stuff - For The Boys

27 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

bahaha too cute! Love the sentiment with the image :) Great layout too!

Kris Chirhart said...

Jan, your card is amazing!!! I LOVE all the textures on your backgrounds, and i just LOVE the texture you added to the snake with your coloring!! Sooooo great!!! (and I HATE snakes, but I LOVE this little guy!!!)

Kecia said...

Love the way you colored this snake, Jan! And, how you added the grass and ground. Expertly done!

dawnmercedes said...

ooh, I like the earthy colors tones!

Deborah Anton said...

Love how this came out!! The added the pebbles look fabulous! Well done!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the embossing folder... it matches your snake's scales perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Jan, great card. I love your brown frames and the embossing backgrounds. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

marion said...

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch and good luck. Hope to see you back soon. Hugs, Marion

kssdesigns said...

So beautifully colored. It's MUCH cuter than the rattler we removed from the garage over the weekend!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous .I saw you on MIM.xxx

Pia S said...

I spotted your very cool card on MIM! What a fun sentiment - perfect for this sweet snake image! The embossed papers look great too!

Rene said...

Lol! This is great! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don’t forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Good luck!
Rene

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.

Monica Hunter said...

This is so much FUN Jan! I'm not a fan of snakes of any kind, but this one is cute. Great job with the coloring & textures! :)

Faye said...

Gorgeous card and colours Jan. I Spotted this on MIM..Faye

Unknown said...

I totally love this! Great texture and awesome colouring.
I really like how you did the rocks under the snake. Thank you for sharing your work with us on the Use Your Stuff challenge blog :)

Carolynn said...

Your card made me smile and chuckle! Sweet!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun sentiment! And the background looks just like snakeskin.

Carol L said...

This is one mighty cute card :) Your coloring is just amazing and I love the embossed texture too!

Jen M said...

LOL! This cracked me up. :) What a fun card!

Heide said...

So cute, put a smile on my face.
Saw you on MIM.
Heide

Marlene Diefendorf said...

OMG! This made me giggle. Fun snake and sentiment, great textures.

NanaConnie said...

Very fierce! :-D Love your coloring and the way you matched the embossed CS to it..

Tamie said...

Your texture sure makes your fabulous image pop. Wonderful coloring. Found you on Make It Monday.

My number is #240

Barbara said...

I love this!!
Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge.

Chan said...

LOVE this card, Jan!! :D Too stinkin' cute and made me chuckle! Love your awesome colouring on the rattlesnake, the hilarious sentiment, and the embossing that goes so well with him!! :D

Jeannie said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog, where are you in Arizona? I've been here 5 years now, are you a native? I love the embossed papers you used and the blue highlights around him!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie