Friday, August 10, 2012

Rolodex V524 Jr. Embossing Folder Fun


Last Friday I showed you how I use a template to cut out my computer generated labels for my Papertrey Ink Desktop File cards.  Today, I'll share what's behind the file card.

I have a big box full of embossing folders by Cuttlebug, Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Darice, etc., you get the idea. 
I was thinking it would be nice to be able to see what the embossing would look like before I used the actual embossing folder so...


I got out that big old box and went to work.


If you're like me you have lots of paper scraps,  I used my scraps and the Desktop File dies...


and now have embossed file cards so I can see the embossing and help me choose which folder I'd like to use for what ever project I'm working on.


I'm hoping now that I can see them and touch them I'll not always use the same old embossing folder for everything...  


Here's a picture of my finished Rolodex V524 Jr. project for today.

Thanks for visiting my blog -

14 comments:

Cassie said...

Great idea, Jan! That's something that I wouldn't have thought of, but genius. I'm always using the same embossing folders :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a great idea Jan! :)

Unknown said...

Ohhhh..thanks for the idea. I have been working n mine in regards to challenges...so this will be my next project!

Ann said...

What a fabulous idea!! Thank you for sharing it!!

ThePurplePlace said...

This is awesome and I may have to try this! I love embossing folders and have a wonderful large collection, but so many do NOT have names on them and I wish I had an easy way to know what they were...this is a wonderful solution!! :)

Great Share Jan!! Thanks!!

TK said...

What a super idea! I have a zip up notebook that holds all of mine...and they are hard to get to. Of course, Cuttle Bug made money off selling me this great thing, but your idea is WAY better! Thanks for sharing and maybe I'll be using more than 2 of my embossing folders now too. :)

Dotti's Hobbies said...

Perfect idea, Jan! Thanks for showing it to us. I have so many folders which aren't getting used because I don't "see" them! I'm going to try this.

dawnmercedes said...

Come on over and help me organize my craft life!!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Jan, this is a great idea. Love it. Do you have them by theme? Thanks for the visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Kecia said...

This is brilliant, Jan! Totally going to do this!

Unknown said...

wow, this is a great idea. I don't have near as many folders but get stuck in the same old, same old too. Looks like this will rally help to keep things from getting boring. Thanks for the tip!

Shirley G said...

wonderful idea Jan! i cant wait until I have enough dies to do this! thanks for sharing

Jennifer said...

Jan, I love how your creations combine such a great selection of embossing and incredible colouring! I love how you've organized your rolodex, such a wonderful idea!

Sylvia/Georgia said...

This is a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing.