Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hambo Stamps Lighthouse


I have a Hambo Hoedown card to share with you today!

The digital image for the Hoedown this week is called Lighthouse and the challenge is to incorporate a wood grain on your project.  I also looked at the Splitcoaststampers Clean & Simple challenge the day I received the image and it was a sketch so I used SCS CAS#183  for my layout.

The Lighthouse is colored with Copic markers:

E42, Y11, BG70, BG72, BG75, R35, R46, R59

I added wood grain using a Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder on the Kraft card stock.  I used my Publisher program to print the "I'd be lost without you" sentiment diagonally across the card front and then wrapped red and white twine to accent the sentiment and tie in with the red and white Light house.  It seemed to "need something" so I die cut a Lil' Inkers cloud and added it to the top right corner.

I still feel Clean & Simple challenged but have had a lot of fun working on my CAS skills!

I hope you'll join us at the Hambo Hoedown this week too.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Splitcoaststampers - CAS#183
A Blog Named Hero - The Krafty Crafter
Card A Day Blog - Embossing
The Cupboard Trilogy - Embossing

19 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

oh, I love it!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So cute Jan! I love the whole design...the embossing is great and I love how you did that sentiment. Gorrgeous work! :)

Donna Hanley said...

So many nice ideas in one card. Great job Jan. enjoy your day.

Tina Campbell said...

This is a beautiful card and the sentiment is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Card A Day Blog

Chrissy said...

This is a fabulous CAS card Jan, I love it, very effective.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Deborah Anton said...

This is wonderful! I love the repeating sentiment!!

Paula S. said...

The wood grain really works perfectly with this Jan. I would have never even thought of it... guess I need to think outside the box more. Beautiful work!

Liz said...

Love the wood grain embossing and lovely card. Thanks for joining in with the Cupboard Trilogy Challenge.

Liz xx [DT]

Unknown said...

Great card Jan & I love the embossing folder you chose for the background, it works so well for the sea!
Thanks for joining us at the The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges & good luck!
Jane x
[DT/owner]

Joy said...

Wonderful sentiment, great card. Thanks for taking part in The Cupboard Trylogy challenge xx

CraftyNess said...

This embossing folder works perfectly with your image :) great card - thanks for joining us at the Cupboard Trilogy this month (DT)

ju said...

It all works really well, love it ! x
Thanks for joining the Cupboard Trilogy challenge
Ju
DT

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the background! Thanks for taking part in The Cupboard Trilogy's 'Embossing' challenge xx

Lesley (DT)

Mary Dawn said...

cute card! thanks so much for playing along at A Blog Named Hero

Joan said...

A very clever card lovely
Thanks for joining The Cupboard Trilogy challenge
Joan DTL xx

xxbella71xx said...

What a great card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

Stella xx

TCT DT

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I just love how you did your card with the diagonal sentiment and embossed bg Jan.

cinmfoster said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Card A Day Blog

Kathy V. said...

Love this Jan. It almost seems like the "knot" in the wood emboss turns into the sun. What a happy coincidence, eh? And the angled sentiment reminds me of the rays of light that come from a lighthouse. Did you do that on purpose? Very cool, either way.