Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

I can't believe it's the weekend again already, the Labor Day holiday has made me feel behind all week.  

My card today uses a new digital image from Michelle Perkett Studio called Happy Birthday Sweetie.  It was really fun to color with my Copic markers and then I had a hard time figuring out how to put it on a card.  
As you can see, I managed.  Clean and simple sometimes looks odd and I think that's what is happening for me here, I feel like - "isn't there something more I could do..." for this one. 

The bright yellow patterned paper is from the DeLovely paper pad and the thin pink ribbon is part of the 1300 yards of ribbon I won at CHA in January.

I'd like to remind you of a couple of challenges too!  Michelle Perkett Studio has a "Stitch It Up" challenge with a nice digital image prize and Stamps R Us has a "Make a Birthday Card For a Child" challenge featuring Operation Write Home you can play along in.

Have a nice weekend ~

3 comments:

paige said...

This is a fun card! I love the image and the sentiment - cute!

Andrea said...

Love this! great colors and shading!

Laura said...

How cute is this card!I always admire your coloring.Im so happy to see you play along stamps r us blog