Saturday, September 4, 2010

Penelope At The River

It's Labor Day Weekend at the River...  

I live in a resort town in western Arizona along the Colorado River and I thought Penelope would be perfect for this holiday weekend.  She'd fit right in here!  This is our last big weekend of the summer and we are up to our eyeballs in tourists and people from California who have second homes here on the river front.  They call this place "the river", we call it Parker.  I grew up in this area so as one of the locals I've done my grocery shopping early, gotten gas in the cars and plan on a quiet weekend at home with our family.  The local people come back out on Tuesday when the crowd has returned home.

I've been wanting to make a shaped card and thought Penelope might be a good candidate.  I pasted her into my Publisher program and adjusted her size to be five and a half  inches wide and she automatically went to about three and a half inches tall.  I could adjust that but I didn't want her out of proportion, so about 3 1/2" tall is good.   I folded my card stock in half and cut her out and was happy with what I had so I started coloring her.  I first put a piece of scrap paper inside so my markers wouldn't bleed through to the back of the card.  

After I was finished coloring Penelope I applied Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to the water under her for some wet shiney looking water.  I forgot to take a picture of the inside, I stamped "You are special to me" and thought I might give it to my daughter one of these days.  

Copic markers used:
Water - B97, B95, B93, B12
Tube - YR 09, YR15, YR21
Polka Dots - YG11, YG13,YG17
Swim Suit - YG11, YG13, B93, B12
Skin - E00, E000, E0000, R02
Hair - E30, E31, E33, Y32
Bow YG11, YG13, YG17

Don't forget the "Hang on to summer fun" challenge over at Michelle Perkett Studio, you still have a couple of days to make your card and enter!  There's going to be a prize awarded Monday after 5:00 PM MST!
Challenges:
The Creative Cottage - Celebrations
Whimsie Doodles - Goodbye Summer
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Shaped Cards
Stamp Something - Something Cute
Bug A Boo - Dog Days Of Summer

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is beyond cute! She would make a great shaped easel card. I'm going to have to get some Crystal Effects.

Carol said...

What a sweet card! Luv that you made a shaped card, not many people do these days. Your colouring is fab and the crystal effects are just brilliant! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Creative Cottage. Lotsa luv xxxx

paige said...

What a delightful card! So much fun, TFS!

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute card makes it hard to believe that summer is almost over.

Awesome coloring too. Hubby was looking (over my shoulder) at your card and he even said that your coloring was really good. I told him see....I need copic markers, that's what she used.....LOL

Shelly Schmidt said...

It was 54 here this AM- warmed up to the 70's- but you are right- summer is almost over! Darling project you have created. TFS

LindaC said...

What a cute way to say goodbye to summer! Thanks for joining us at Whimsie Doodles. Linda-DT

LindaC said...

Cute card to end summer. Thanks for joining in the fun at Whimsie Doodles. LC

Carrie said...

This is a darling little card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us this week over at Stamp Something.

Hugs Jo xxx

Chris said...

Such a wonderful shaped card! A gorgeous image and colouring and great little scene. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)