Friday, September 10, 2010

The Stamping Boutique Blog Hop

We're hoppin... blog hopping that is with The Stamping Boutique in remembrance of September 11th and in honor of Operation Write Home's first birthday.  If you are hopping with us you should have arrived here from Jenn's blog.  If you'd like to start at the beginning you can start here.

In remembrance of September 11th I made a couple of "Any Hero" cards that I'll send to Operation Write Home with my regular package I send each month.  If you're interested in finding out more about Operation Write Home and how you can help make cards for our nations hero's I added a link in their name for you.  The Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog has challenges, prizes and fun stuff going on all this month to celebrate their first birthday so you'll want to visit there too!

For my card above I used a digital freebie Numbers 6:24-26 from Fred She Said Designs and the ribbon digi stamp from The Stamping Boutique.  Speaking of freebies you can find The Stamping Boutique's ribbon as a freebie here.  The papers I used were scraps that were beside my paper trimmer.  The yellow panel is from the DeLovely paper pad.  I printed both images, colored the ribbon with Copic markers, cut circles with Spellbinders dies and arranged and rearranged the elements until I liked what I saw.  The black strip of card stock has been embossed with the Scor-Pal Scor Bug, it's hard to see in the photo.

I thought the bible verse Numbers 6:24-26 along with the yellow ribbon was perfect for my Any Hero card.  I hope whomever receives my card is blessed by it.
My second card also uses the Yellow Ribbon from The Stamping Boutique.  I was looking at the entries for the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge and Pat has a card that totally inspired me.  I just had to make a card like hers, so card two is C.A.S.E.ing Pat!

The layout is sketch challenge #90 from Mercy Kerin's blog Lord Have Mercy!   I did see it on her challenge blog and thought, hmmm I like that.  Then I saw how Pat had made it into a card and wow!  It's one of those sketches that I've made three times now with different images and papers. 

So... as you might know this card is also one of my favorite color combination's, red, white, blue and kraft!  I added punched yellow stars to tie the yellow ribbon into it.  I also added Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to the stars to give them some shine and depth.  The "hero" sentiment is from a Verve Visual stamp set, I masked everything but the "hero" word before I stamped it, it's cut out with a Spellbinder's tag die.  The circle and pinking circle are also Spellbinder's dies.

27 comments:

Lorie said...

Those cards are super fantastic! Great job!

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Funny that you mentioned you "C.A.S.E.D." that design, because when I saw it, I was thinking I would do the same thing! I love it! And I'm sure you'll be seeing something "similar" soon from me (-:
Imitation is flattery, right? (-:

Collette said...

Both cards are wonderful, Jan!

Debbie said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Joyce said...

Such beautiful cards...such a classy look! Stunning!

Jennifer McGee said...

Gorgeous cards, Jan! I love the layouts on both and I really love the Bible verse. I'm certain any soldier who received these would be blessed indeed.

Rhonda Miller said...

These are gorgeous. TFS.

bcriminger said...

Love the background!

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

Beautiful cards! The colors are great! Thanks for sharing with myshericrafts this week!

GrannyCharlotte said...

These are gorgeous cards. I love the colors and the verse you used on the first card. Thanks for sharing.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great cards, thanks for sharing them!

all the days of our life said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful cards, Jan. I love the way you used a different colour scheme to most of us but it's worked out wonderfully!! Marie xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful cause- and love both of your cards! TFS

Carley said...

THank you for sharing these beautiful cards. Thank you for remembering this day!

Cre8tiveVet said...

Simply wonderful! I love these cards!

Danielle said...

Beautiful cards.. Thanks for sharing your work.

TAS said...

Both cards are awesome, but the first card with the Numbers 6:24-26 verse is particularly striking. Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing and for the time and effort you have given to this cause!

Scrapping Cat said...

Love love love this card...the yellow and black are stunning together, and love the scripture!!!

Andrea said...

Very beautiful cards. Wonderful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These cards are both gorgeous!! The verse on the first card is perfect!! What a thoughtful hop in rememberance of 9-11. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, both cards are awesome!!! I like your interpretation of sparkle...looks cool!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Unknown said...

Oh what lovely rememberance cards xx

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Unknown said...

Oh what lovely rememberance cards xx

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Lindsey said...

Oh what great cards! They are both stunning. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

Barb Craft said...

Both of your cards are outstanding!! I love the bible verse you used...it is perfect for the card you created!! Thanks for sharing these with us at Frosted Designs this week!
Barb :)

Chrissy D said...

Wonderful, beautiful color combo and such a great cause and encouraging Scripture! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!!! Have a blessed weekend!!