Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miss You T Slide Card

Have you ever made a T Slide card?  Me either... before today!  

It's September 1st, the first Wednesday of the month so it's time for the In Style Stamps Sketch Challenge #13 and there's a little addition to the sketch this time, making it a T Slide card as well as following the sketch.  I'll direct you to the tutorial that was provided for me so you can try it too!  

Here's the link to Splitcoaststampers.  The prize for participating in the sketch challenge this month is 2 digital images if you use an In Style Stamps image.  One In Style Stamps digital image if you chose not to use one of their images.  All winners are selected by a random number generator.

This was a fun and challenging card for me to make.  I didn't have the same tools as was used in the tutorial so I needed to make some adjustments and I enjoy that kind of challenge.  You know, figuring things out, modifying them and making them work for me.   My card is 6 1/4" square because I wanted my digital image of Tracy to be nice and big for you to see and me to color.  ;)  The patterned paper on this card is from my almost gone pad of Basic Grey Urban Prairie.  The card stock is Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores and the Yellow is from a ream in my stash that I need to use more often!

Tracy is colored with Copic markers, here's what I used:
Hair:  R22, R37, R46, R59, E37, E44, E59
Skin:  E00, E000, E0000, E04, R02
Eyes: YG11, YG13
Shirt:  BG10, BG11, BG13
Pants:  C6, C3, C1
Stool, phone:  Y000, Y11, Y13, E43,E51
Here's a photo of the inside of my card.  As I was putting my prototype together I was thinking about which of my In Style Stamps digital images I'd like to use and what the inside of the card should say.  

One of my dear friends came to mind, she's struggling with life right now and has kind of pulled away.  I understand it's not about me and people we love sometimes need their own time and space to figure things out.   I think this would be a nice way to let her know I'm still here when she's ready. 
Maybe I can put my card through the mail slot in the door where she works and pray no one steps on it before she sees it first thing in the morning.

And, here's the sketch for you to try.  Be sure to stop by the In Style Stamps blog to see what our other fabulous designers have made with this sketch and what their T Square cards look like.
The prize for this sketch challenge are 2 digital images from In Style Stamps if you use and In Style Stamps image and one digital image if you don't.  
Challenges:
Our Daily Bread - Texture It
Speedy The Cat & Friends - Friendship
Scrappy Frogs - Slider Cards
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Anything But Christmas
Your Next Stamps - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Axa said...

love her red hair!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Your card turned out great! I love the colors you used!

Laura said...

What a fun card.Never heard of the T slide card.YOu did a fantastic job,I love it.

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely stunning!!!! Love everything about it!! Beautiful coloring!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Jan - WOW amazing red hair!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

LindaC said...

You did a great job on your card! Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS! Linda-DT

Ellis said...

Beautiful card, I don't think I've tried that technique either, something similar thou! =)
You have a lot of wonderful cards here! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Sylvia Blum said...

oh my word.. amazing card! love the coloring and of course the opening is sooooo creative and cool!
thanks so much for joining us at Your Next Stamp Challenges. Hope to see you again!
Sylvia xx

Lynn McAuley said...

To have a friend who would create this awesome slider card is a real treat!!

What sensational work on this delightful card so exquisitely crafted!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous design in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's friendship card challenge!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

What an awesome card!!! Love everything about this BEAUTY!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I so love your T slide. Your colors, choice of dp and coloring is stunning. Thanks for joining the ODBD shining the light challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs!

dawnmercedes said...

What gorgeous background papers!

Chrissy D said...

SUPER CUTE! Love the technique too! Thank you for playing along in the ODBDSLC! Have a great weekend!

Joanne (jojot) said...

cool sketch.....fab hair color.....tfs....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

When I visited your blog and commented on this adorable card last time, I totally missedy your entry into the YNS challenge. Thanks for joining the Your Next Stamp challenge this week! The image and colors are darling.

Unknown said...

Aww... that little red-head is ADORABLE! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogpsot.com

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great card!!! i haven't tried that type of slider card I need to check the tutorial. thanks for joining us at scrappy frogs and congratulations!!! you are the winner. please contact me at mindyrapp at gmail.com with your address.