Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In Style Stamps Inspiration Challenge

It's our In Style Stamps Inspiration Challenge today, and this month we've been challenged to:
Tell us what your favorite childrens book is and make a card/project based on it.

I used Janice from In Style Stamps, she comes as a digital image and you can find her here.
Here's my inspiration photo.  
My youngest children are 9 and 10 now so I had to think about this one, at this stage of life they have Goosebumps books from the library, text books and music books for practicing their flute and recorder.  They read to me out of the reading text books and I just love looking at the graphics to see how the images are colored and shaded as I listen.  Sick huh?  

I actually talked with them about this challenge and they brought me their old Zachary's Zoo book.  We loved sitting and reading that one together not so very long ago.  I had to study it for awhile before the card formed in my mind.  Below is what I came up with.
The simplest thing for me to do was use as many of the colors from the cover of the book as I could.  

Zachary is kind of in a canopy of tropical leaves so I used an old Close To My Heart stamp set for my leaves and even cut out a set of them to hang down over Janice just a little.  The Stampin' Up! Top Note die with the oval cut out is to give the illusion that she's in the jungle too.  I used a Quickutz die for leaves to make the tropical flower down in the right corner and added some tiny red rhinestones to it and I noticed the colorful toucan in the upper left middle of the book cover so I thought a purple butterfly would work okay there. 

I can't wait to go see what our other In Style Stamps design team mates have made!
You can join in the fun at the In Style Stamps Inspiration Challenge too!  Click the link above and it will take you there.

6 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

I've never read this book..guess I'll have to check it out? Love the card that it inspired!

Axa said...

This is adorable!

Scrappychick said...

WOW! You nailed this! Love the leaf frame!!!

Kimme said...

Adorable. I look at the pictures in the books too.

Angela said...

Jan you did an awesome job on this. My daughter picked Cinderella. I think this was my hardest challenge!! Too much thinking!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Kerry said...

Jan, too cute!!! I love the frame, awesome!!!