Saturday, September 25, 2010

Have You Met Thomas?

I'd like to introduce you to Thomas today, he's a digital image by Michelle Perkett and he's also a freebie at Crafter's Digital Art Center, Paper Craft Planet and SNR Card Universe for the members of the Michelle Perkett Studio groups on these networks.

We have a "Tag You're It" challenge going on this week at the Michelle Perkett Studio challenge blog and I made my card to support the challenge.  I had to do a quick fix after I had finished my card to make my "thank you" into a tag, as an after thought I added the red brad so it looked more like a tag.  

Thomas is colored with Copic markers and I used my Report Card paper pack.  When I saw Thomas' sweater I could see the argyle from the paper pack in it so I just had to...  I only had a small scrap of the argyle paper left too.  I applied Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to the apple.  

I think this will be a great thank you card for my son's 4th grade teacher.  I asked if she'd like her class to do Operation Write Home Any Hero coloring pages this month and she thought it was a wonderful idea, so much so she has 2 other classes joining her.  I can't wait to see them all!


Challenges:
Treehouse Thursday - For The Teacher
Craftalicious Challenge - Thank You
Stampin' For The Weekend - Tag It

4 comments:

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

O My Jan,
What a stunning coloring. I love how the sweater matches the DP! And the red brad really finishes off the tag!
I love this Thomas.. Glad that I met him here again!
Hugs
Marion

paige said...

Fantastic card! Your coloring is impressive!

Neva said...

Jan he is sooo cute. Loev this. this will make a fabulous card for a teach. Thanks for playing along with this weeks Treehouse Thursday -For A Teacher - Challenge.

Stephanie said...

Jan he is adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Treehouse Stamps.