Friday, September 3, 2010

Operation Write Home Family Challenge

I'm looking forward to the long weekend with our kids out of school.  Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog  has a Family challenge that started yesterday and goes for the month of September!  Sandy has adorable free digital stamps and coloring pages for the kids to play along.  The photo above is my two youngest kids working on their Any Hero coloring pages.  
Michael is taking 30 copies of the coloring pages to school tomorrow for his teacher.  I called her and asked if she'd like to get her class into the OWH challenge and she said, "YES DEFINITELY"!  Michael's teacher was Jenny's teacher last year and we've gone to church together for years so I thought it might be a sure thing!  

I've been having some computer problems the last few days and have a project for the girls ministry at our church so I spent yesterday working on making tea cups for their invitations.  My Silhouette machine is hooked up to that computer and before it dies...   
I thought it would be wise to take care of it!  Here's a photo of the tea cups, I still need to make the insides.  
It's a good start on the project I'm happy to say. 

This computer is about to run out of battery power so I must go, have a wonderful Friday!

2 comments:

Paula S. said...

I think one of the best aspects about OWH is that it really can be a family affair and a wonderful way for those who have kids to get them excited about giving and appreciative of our military. Great job Michael and Jenny!

Operation Write Home said...

Ohhhhhh so darling!! I love the pics of Michael and Jenny and their coloring pages. Ciara is SO PROUD of them!!!!